Saturday – 4:30 PM
Sunday – 8 AM & 10:45 AM
Monday through Friday – 9 AM
You can make online donations with Paypal!
St. Joseph’s Church 9/11 20th Anniversary Flag Remembrance
This NCYC fundraiser in honor of 9/11 covered our grounds with a beautiful tribute to that mournful day in our history. We thank all who purchased flags and we love seeing our young people and their families volunteer to place over 400 flags. The NCYC youth from St. Francis Xavier in Marcellus sold and placed over 270 flags on their lovely grounds as well.
St. Joseph’s Preschool is hiring!
St. Joseph’s Preschool is looking for a Part-time 3 Year-Old Preschool Planning Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
This position will be daily, Monday- Friday, with a start time of 9:00 and an end time of 12:30. Applicants should have the ability to engage students to earn their trust and attention, as well as energy and enthusiasm to spark curiosity and learning.
- Create interesting and varied lesson plans weekly that include activities from all areas of the NYS Core curriculum (science, social studies, math, art, fine motor, literacy, etc.)
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational, creative, exploratory play, media etc.) to teach children
- Observe each child and help them navigate throughout our classroom and play spaces to help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through daily lessons plans/ centers
- Organize all activities and snack time and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
- Track children’s progress and report to parents
- Communicate with parents regularly
- Collaborate with your teaching assistant and the other 3 year-old teachers
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
- Experience as a teacher of young children, birth through age 5
- Knowledge of early childhood best practices and NYS Preschool Core Curriculum
- Understanding of the principles of child development and preschool educational methods
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Ability to act as mediator between children
- Cool-tempered, friendly, and reliable
- Certification in child CPR is a plus, but not required to start
- BS/BA in education or relevant field
To apply, please send resume and cover letter via mail or email to:
Tracy MacMullen, Director St. Joseph’s Preschool
5600 West Genesee St.
Camillus, NY 13031