[vc_row][vc_column][mk_padding_divider size=”60″][mk_fancy_title style=”stroke” border_width=”5″ border_color=”#b22d2d” size=”50″ line_height=”100″ color=”#b22d2d” font_weight=”bold” font_family=”Droid+Sans” font_type=”google” align=”center”]Harvest Fest[/mk_fancy_title][mk_padding_divider size=”50″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”1517″ img_size=”large” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][mk_fancy_title size=”28″ line_height=”56″ color=”#663333″ font_family=”Droid+Sans” font_type=”google” align=”center”]Harvest Fest~ Oct. 22nd is just 14 days away and~ We need your help!
To help make this event successful~ here’s where you can volunteer!
- RAFFLE GIFT CARD DONATIONS: We are looking for donations of gift cards for our raffle. Our Raffle Coordinators are: Ellen McManus at 315-672-3799 or Linda McManus at 315-488-5988.
Special Note about our raffle this year: We don’t want to compete with the beautiful NCYC baskets and because the event is in the Parish Center, we are looking for donations of gift cards/certificates ONLY this year. They could be to restaurants, hotels, golf, retail stores, etc. If you would like to donate a gift certificate please feel free to drop it off at the parish office or contact our raffle coordinators.
- DESSERT-TYPE ITEMS: We are going to have a dessert booth. So we are looking for all of our Betty (or Bernie) Crockers to step forward and make us your home-made specialty: pies, cookies, brownies, tarts! *We would like all dessert items to please be dropped off on Saturday, 10/21 from 10-12noon or Sunday, 10/22 from 8-10am at the Parish Ctr.
- VOLUNTEERS: You will notice that this weekend at all of the entrances are sign-ups for volunteers to help with set up, clean up or helping the actual day of the Harvest Fest.
- PUMPKINS: We are looking for donations of small pumpkins or gourds for children to decorate. You can drop them off to the parish center on Friday, 10/20, or Saturday, 10/22 between the hours of 10am-2pm.
LOCATION & TIME: The event will be held from 12noon-3pm in the gym at the parish center so rain or snow or shine, it’ll be a GO!
FOOD: Coordinators: Julie & Bob Brissette 315-416-6856 ~ We are gearing more towards Octoberfest type food. Hot dogs, brats, root beer floats, popcorn, etc.
SPECIAL EVENTS AT THE HARVEST FEST: We are excited for our 2nd annual…
Scarecrow/Pumpkin Person Contest
We have 26 wooden frames for families to pick up from the parish office. This will be a first come-first serve basis.
Take the frame home, decorate it, and return it to the parish center by Saturday morning, Oct. 21st.
(the day before the event) At the event parishioners will have an opportunity to get a chip
and vote for the best decorated & creative person frame. The family that decorated the most voted “scarecrow/pumpkin person frame” will win a prize. The frames are 60” tall and have 2 cross bars: 18” across. The scarecrows will be placed in bales of hay in front of the stage for all to see and vote on during the Harvest Fest.
The winner will be announced at the end of the Harvest Fest!
We invite all of our children or any of our adult children that would like to participate in our Halloween Costume Parade. We just would like to offer a gentle reminder that this is a parishioner~family event with all ages.
We ask that all costumes be appropriate and not too scary or frightening. At the end of the 11am Mass, all goblins will join Fr. Peter in a parade over to the Harvest Fest!
FREE ADMISSION TO THE EVENT! : all items/activities/games can be purchased with tickets.
Ticket Prices: All tickets will be $.50
- Games & Activities for families & kids of all ages: 1 ticket!
- Food & Drink items: 1-3 tickets!
- Costume parade: FREE
- And much more!